Roxboro Area Chamber of Commerce

Making Person Home

Auto Registration - Plates


All new residents of North Carolina are required to purchase license plates upon establishing residency.

Liability insurance is required on all vehicles and a certificate of insurance from the insurer must be presented with the application for license.

You may register your car and purchase plates at the DMV office located at 811 North Madison Blvd., Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call (336) 597-4809.

Driver's License


All driving residents are required to have a North Carolina Driver's License, which may be obtained at the Department of Motor Vehicles. Applicants must take the oral or written examination and are subject to a driving test. At the time of renewal, drivers are required to take the eye exam and road sign test.

Contact the DMV for information on Class A and B driver's licenses. You are required to have your address changed within 60 days. For more information, call the DMV at (336) 597-5636.

A license is required to operate a mini-bike on public streets and highways. Operators must be at least 16 years old.

Marriage License


A marriage license is valid for 60 days after the issue date. There is no waiting period. The couple must present a certified copy of their birth certificates and show their driver's licenses or Social Security cards.

If either person has been divorced, they must present a copy of the judgment. If either party is under 18, their parents are required to sign the marriage license.

The license may be obtained at the Register of Deeds Office at Person County Court House, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call (336) 597-7221.

Public Library


Person County Library
319 South Main Street
(336) 597-7881

Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed Sunday

Post Office


Uptown Roxboro Post Office
1234 North Main Street
(336) 364-8185

Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday

Public Parks

724 Gentry Ridge Road
Huck Sansbury
425 Long Avenue
(336) 599-1755
Person High School
1010 Ridge Road
(336) 599-8321
Bethel Hill
401 Bethel Hill School Road
(336) 599-2823
Hurdle Mills
10026 Hurdle Mills Road
(336) 364-2830
Olive Hill
3856 Semora Road
(336) 597-1798
Bushy Fork
7910 Burlington Road
(336) 599-1762
214 Park Street
(336) 597-1767
Southern Middle School
209 Southern Middle School Road
(336) 599-6995
Earl Bradsher
404 South Morgan Street
(336) 599-7585
599 NEals Store Road
(336) 597-7806
Hyco Lake
Osmond Road
(336) 599-4343
295 Helena Moriah Road
(336) 364-8117
Mount Tirzah
1795 Mount Harmony Church Road
Northern Middle School
1935 Carver Drive
(336) 599-6344


(800) 452-2777
(800) 362-2772
Piedmont Electric Membership Corporation
(800) 222-3107
Water & Sewer
City Hall
(336) 599-3116
Natural Gas
Public Service Co. of NC
(877) 776-2427
Charter Communications
(888) 438-2427

Social Security

social security

Social Security Administration
3004 Tower Blvd.
Durham, NC
(888) 759-3908

Voter Registration

voter registration

To become a registered voter, you must be:

For more information, call the Person County Board of Elections at (336) 597-1727 or visit the office at 331 South Morgan Street.



Before building or remodeling a home or business, you must obtain a permit from the Person County Inspections Department. The Inspections Office is located at 325 South Morgan Street. Office hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also reach them at (336) 597-0570.